Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Double Choc Chip Muffin


I bake these muffins a few weeks back, but only got around to blog it today, since I'm on medical leave for the week. I love muffins and I love chocolate. Combined the two together, and I'm in bliss :)
This recipe was adapted from Nigella Lawson's choc chip recipe here


Double Choc Muffin
Difficulty level: Easy 
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes

Yields: 18 pieces of medium muffins

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup milk
90 ml vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence

Steps:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together (Flour+baking powder+baking soda+cocoa powder+choc chip)





2. Mix all the wet ingredients together (Oil+milk+egg+vanilla essence)


3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until combine. DO NOT over-mixed the batter as it will make the muffin dry.

4. Pour into muffin cases and decorate the top with extra chocolate chips and bake for 25 minutes at 160C.


5. Tadaaaa!


Taste: Yummy, but I think, next time, I'll substitute the oil with melted butter. I think everything is nicer with butter. hihihihi :D

p/s: I froze my muffins for a week, and it still taste the same. Thaw it out first, then bake for 10 minutes.

Happy trying!

Love,
el

No comments:

Post a Comment