Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake

Ignore my intention to bake a pavlova. Couldn't find the berries for garnishes, so decided to postpone it later. Since I'm spending the weekend in Kg Wai, decided to give this cheesecake a try. I can't remember where I get the recipe from, but it has been in my book for a long time now.

Difficulty level : Easy
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Bake time : 30 minutes

Oreo Cheesecake

Ingredients:
 
2 packs Oreo cookies
3 tbsp melted butter
250 g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg

Steps:
1. Separate the Oreo cookies and the fillings. DO NOT throw away the fillings, we going to use it with the cream cheese.

2. Crush the cookies. I put the cookies in a plastic bag and crushed in with my bare hands. It is a stress reliever. Or you can put it in the food processor. I just like my way better :)

3. Divide the crushed cookies into two parts, for the crust and for the cream cheese filling. For the crust, add the melted butter and mix well. Make sure you don't add to much butter or your crust will be soggy.

4. Press the crust mixture into the cake tin. I used a 7 inch cake tin which are lined with baking paper and cover with aluminum foil on the outside.


5. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 160C, then let it cool.
6. For the cream cheese filling, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and fluffy.

7. Add in the Oreo's fillings, vanilla essence and the lemon juice into the cream cheese batter and beat well. I find that the batter is sweet enough for my taste, but you are welcome to add extra sugar if you like.

8. Add the egg, and mixed well. Lastly, add the crushed cookies and mixed well.


9. Pour the batter into the cake tin, and put the tin into another baking tin which has been filled with water. That is why I covered the cake tin with the aluminum foil, to protect the cake since I'm going to bake it in a water bath. This method prevent the top of the cheesecake from cracking, I think. :P


10. Bake for 20 minutes at 180C. After that, let the cake cool, and refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours to let it set.
I garnished the top with extra fine crushed Oreos.
 The Taste: The crust is lovely and the cream cheese is smooth with bits of cookies. Yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment