Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lemon Curd

I've bought a few lemons too many in my recent groceries shopping trip, it was on sale, like RM1 per piece and before the lemon are spoiled, I did this simple lemon curd. I'm thinking of doing some macs, but for now, i just prepared the filling first. This recipe is adapted from Alton Brown's recipe (I halved the recipes since I only have 2 lemons)

Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time: 20 minutes

Lemon Curd

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/6 cup lemon juice
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
50 gm butter, chilled

Steps:
1. Whisk the yolks and sugar till combine.

2. Add the lemon juice and zest

3. Over a double boiler, whisk the yolk mixture until it thickens, around 10 minutes

4. Take the mixture of the heat, and add in butter bits by bits, making sure that the butter melts evenly.

5. Store the curd in a container, and cover the top of the surface with cling film.

6. This lemon curd can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment